Grateful Dead Live at Gizah Sound and Light Theater on 1978-09-14
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
Ollin Arrageed*-> Not Fade Away, Me & My Uncle, They Love Each Other, Minglewood Blues, Peggy-O, Beat It On Down The Line, Deal
Sugaree, Samson & Delilah, Scarlet Begonias-> Fire On The Mountain, Truckin'-> The Other One-> Drums-> Black Peter-> Around & Around
*W Hamza El Din
wavelab 5 > UAD Cambridge EQ > UAD Precision Buss Compressor >
UAD Precision Limiter > R8brain Pro > izotope Ozone 3 M Bit + > 16/44.1 Wave > flac lvl 8 (TLH)
- Patch in Not Fade Away is from shnID94536
- All tape pauses have been cross faded to preserve continuity.
- MAC >> Nakamichi CR7a => Korg MR-1000 >> DSF [1-bit 5.6448 MHz Stereo] >> Korg MR-1000 => Korg AudioGate >> WAV [24/96]
- Cairo, Egypt
- Run time
- (FOB) 2 x ECM280 >> Sony TC-158 >> MAC; Master Cassettes (MAC) Medium Stock Brands: MAC = 2 x Maxell UDXL-II Analog
- Taped by
- Eldon Porray
- Transferred by
- Bob Menke and Brion Green
Subject: Growlin Gratitude
Jerry's heartfelt performance of Peggy-O brought on for me a link to Peg O' My Heart; and by that I mean the raw yet gentle wistfulness of Peggy-O's story, not that the Dead actually played or mushed with that old-timey gem. The feelings of the music were expressed that clearly.
Gosh, the only thing ya could ask for would be the video. One can only imagine the imagery conjured by the gal who did the lights for the show,which I understand to have included gaining access to the special colored lights the facility shines on the pyramids for their own regularly scheduled light show at night in the desert.
Subject: @Ollin Arageed
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on